A common question in Sony Vegas is, how do I create a HD video in Sony Vegas? And more recently, the question has been how do I save/render a HD video in the new version of Vegas, Sony Vegas Pro 11? Well today I’ll be showing you how to render a video into 720p HD quality using a customized rendering template . This video will be very well optimized for uploading to YouTube and other video sites, but it well also work very well for home movies for display on your computer or HDTV .
We’re going to take a step by step approach, this makes it a lot easier for you to follow and if you make a mistake, it’s easy for you to retrace your steps. If you’re having trouble following the text instructions, make sure to watch the video tutorial which is embedded towards the bottom of this page.
- The first step we’re going to take, is to actually make sure that your project is saved as a .veg (Sony Vegas Project) file in case you want to come back and work on your project further, or change anything. To do this, what you need to do is go to the File drop down menu at the top left corner of your screen, and simply click Save As.. . Now, enter a name referring to your project (e.g. – “Disneyland Clip Project”) and click the save button. *
- Now that we’ve backed up our project, we’re going to want to Render it. Now, go to File , Render As. You’ll now see a window pop up with two drop down menus, “Save as Type:” and “Template:” .
- Firstly, lets start with the “Save as Type” drop-down category. Click on the drop-down menu, and select “Windows Media Video V11” , it should be towards the end of the list.
- Now we’re going to move onto the “Template” drop-down. This section is slightly more complicated, so we’ll split it into more steps, keeping it simple. However, we’re not going to choose a pre-made template, in fact, we’re going to create our own custom HD template! To do this, we need to click the “Custom” button besides the Template category !
SIDE NOTE: Are you using the most up to date VEGAS editing software? As of August 2017, VEGAS Pro 15 has been released! Have you updated? New features include:
- Updated hardware acceleration for modern graphics card
- Multiple new plug-in support
- Workflow and UI enhancements
- Upload directly to social media
- NewBlueFX Filters 5 Ultimate
- ...and more!
- Once you click Custom, another window will open up. Here, the template is split up into Audio, Video, Bit rate, Index/Summary and Project. We’re going to be going through each of these with custom settings, so make sure you read carefully!
- Audio: Mode: CBR , Format: Windows Media Audio 9.2, Attributes: 64kbps, 48kHz, stereo (A/V) CBR .
- Video: Mode: CBR, Format: Windows Media Video 9, Image Size: High Definition (1280×720), Frame Rate: 30, Video Smoothness: 100 .
- Bit Rate: Internet/Lan: 5M
- Index Summary: This section is for any extra information you want to include yourself, and will not effect the quality of the video.
- Project: Video Rendering Quality: Best
- Once you’ve customized your template using the above settings, DON’T PRESS OK! Before we finalize the settings, we’re going to save our template. We do this by going to the white dropdown box at the top of the Custom Template window and typing in a name, eg, “720p HD Video Template” , then click on the floppy disk save icon and now, you can press OK !
Now you can enjoy your family videos, gaming videos or just random clips in nice 720p High Definition Quality!