When you’re editing in Sony Vegas, it’s nice to have a setup you can work easily with. Today we’ll be going through how to use an external monitor, which is hooked up to your laptop / PC, as a full preview screen for your Sony Vegas project!
Hooking up your monitor to Vegas is very simple!
- First of all we’re going to need to hook up our monitor properly. We’re going to navigate to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution .
- Once in this window, Display should be 1, Resolution can stay as it is, Orientation at Landscape and for Mobile Displays we’re going to set it to “Extend these Displays” ! This means that our external monitor is going to be an extended monitor of our laptop/PC , meaning we can drag a window from one screen to the next!
- Now, the next step is to open up Vegas.
- Go to Options, Preferences and navigate to the Preview Device tab.
- Move down to Display Adaptor. From the dropdown menu there, you need to select number 2 display, your external monitor.
- Make sure you tick scale output to fit display.
- Then click Apply and OK.
Now when you go into Vegas, above your preview window there is a little button shaped like a monitor. You need to click “Video Preview on External Monitor” . Now when you preview you should see your video project preview on your external monitor!
SIDE NOTE: Are you using the most up to date VEGAS editing software? As of August 2017, VEGAS Pro 15 has been released! Have you updated? New features include:
- Updated hardware acceleration for modern graphics card
- Multiple new plug-in support
- Workflow and UI enhancements
- Upload directly to social media
- NewBlueFX Filters 5 Ultimate
- ...and more!