Sony Creative Software have announced and released Sony Vegas Pro 13 for sale! After speculation over the release date in 2013 (here and here), the new version of the world-renowned video editing software Sony Vegas Pro has been announced and is already available for purchase, in both the form of digital download and physical copy.
Don’t forget, if you have an existing copy of Vegas you can upgrade for a fraction of the price!
Sony Vegas Pro 13 can now be purchased in 3 separate configurations (at 3 different price points):
- Vegas Pro 13 Edit: Video and Audio Production ($399.95)
- Vegas Pro 13: Video, Audio and Blu-ray Disc Creation ($599.95)
- Vegas Pro 13 Suite: Editing, Disc Authoring and Visual Effects ($799)
Let's have a look at the new features.
- Vegas Pro Connect: is an iPad app that “replaces tedious written spreadsheets and notes with efficient online and offline review workflows”. This app has been designed to allow several people who are working together on a project to improve their collaborative performance.
- Proxy-first workflow: Your camera-man can shoot XDCAM footage and use a Sony Wireless Adapter to send proxies to the cloud. Then, using Vegas, video editors can download and edit with the proxies while the high-resolution files are in transit from the field. When the high-resolution files arrive, automatically relink the edited project to them for rendering.
- Project Archiving: You can now archive the media associated with your project, or just the media used on the timeline, including nested Vegas Pro 13 projects. This feature will be a useful tool to avoid issues when editing a project with moved/missing files.
- New video plug-ins: What would Vegas be without some video FX? Videos from FXHOME have been integrated directly into Vegas Pro 13.
- NewBlueFX Video Essentials VI: This package features 100 presets in 10 sophisticated plugins to enhance your project in the VFX area.
- XAVC Intra MXF smart render: Dramatically reduce render times when using XAVC Intra MXF render templates.
- iZotope Nectar Elements: This plug-in performs one-click voice/narration signal and effects processing. You can choose specific style presets like “Voice Over” or “Dialogue” and adjust other controls to customize your sound.
- Loudness meters updated
- Multi-tool paradigm: Tools that you frequently use within Vegas are organized in a pop-up menu located directly below the timeline. This aims to provide fast-access to your favorite tools for a more fluid editing experience.
The embedded video below is an in-depth look at some of the new features in Sony Vegas Pro 13:
Vegas Pro 13 Family Comparison
We haven’t spotted any video trailer for the new release of Sony Vegas Pro 13 which is unusual. Usually we see a short 2 minute trailer showing off the features that the new version of Vegas is bringing to the table. Maybe we’ll see one in the future, or maybe the software will speak for itself.
What do you think of Sony Vegas Pro 13? Are you going to upgrade? What do you think of the new features? Let us know below!